Wednesday, July 8, 2009

This Way



Having returned to my "Irrational Perspective Houses" of my past, I rummaged around in my memory for a watercolor that I had done of my childhood self with my bike. What fun we had careening down hills and riding far out into the country-side. I think that I'm on my way to a series called "Free-range Children."

I have to give credit to a book by that name for putting into words (and into my mind) the lifestyle we enjoyed. According to the author, today's crime statistics are about what they were in the 1950's. The difference seems to be the 24 hour news cycle of today versus the half-hour with Walter Cronkite back then. Only now we worry about free-range chickens.

6 comments:

Sarah Tregay said...

I love this one! The this and that signs are perfect... okay and I rode teal bicycles as a kid. Wonderful. Wish I could see it in person.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Sue, I love this painting... everything works together to create a spirited memory.

Ken Goldman said...

I love the eye path you've created Sue. Also the color harmonies are luscious.

Constance said...

I have to see this Susan! Wonderful!
will you put in Wickwire Gallery?
++++++
sorry I missed you+++ been (good) busy.
LOOKS like I (will be soon) one of the two managers at the COME TO ASHEVILLE market at 1000 Markets.
Once that happens I will send you an invitation to join that market.
We will be WORKIN IT to grow the market. Stay tuned!

Ellen Roles said...

Sue
Great painiting , fun colors , wonderful mid values, delightful. How do you do that????

Ellen Roles
ellenroles.blogspot.com

Purple Crayon-the art of minya said...

absolutely beautiful!

 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_F7KDVCwTZPw/ST3lBsu94GI/AAAAAAAAABQ/ZsrKK9KnzZE/s1600/Picture%2B6.png